To be considered for the award please send the following to the award administrator
- Three physical copies of the book + one PDF to the addresses mentioned below.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and complete this form FOR EACH BOOK.
- Do email any relevant publicity material like a press release, book trailer, author's high-resolution photo, etc.
To be mailed to – The Shree Binod Kanoria Foundation, Unit T6C C Wing, Phoenix House, S.B. Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013. Phone: +91 90190 27655
Please note: Publishers must ensure that all submitted titles are eligible for the awards and that they have obtained the authors’ and illustrators’ consent prior to entry.
Publishers may enter up to four eligible titles in each of the following categories
- Young Adult (English) 13+ years
- Middle Grade (English) 9-12 years
- Early Reader (English) 4-7 years
- Illustrations (English) 0-10 years
- Early Reader (Hindi) 4-7 years
- Nominees have to be Indian or of Indian Origin but may live or be citizens of any country.
- Only books that have a print version are eligible to be nominated.
- Titles could be novels, chapter books, graphic novels, or fact/reference books. These books may or may not have illustrations or artwork (except for the illustration awards)
- Illustration award entries with illustrations in books from 0-10 years written in English.
- Books must be first published in India between April 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024.
- Books can be published by publishers, independent and mainstream as well as self-published in India or must have an Indian edition.
- All titles must be the work of either a single or joint author/s who can be attributed.
- Graphic novels are not eligible.
- Collections and anthologies by multiple authors and/or editors are not eligible.
- Publisher may nominate only author, only illustrator, or author and illustrator as a joint nomination as per the publisher’s discretion. The BK Awards will announce ONLY the nominees entered on the submission form for our longlist, shortlist, and winners.
- Books must be first written in the language of the award (English for the awards for books in English, and Hindi for the Hindi Early Reader Awards); translations are not eligible.
- Books that are published or submitted posthumously are eligible and can be considered.
- Trustees, administrators, or jury members are not eligible to be nominated for the awards. In the case where any of the above have written the book, illustrators of the same may be nominated for the illustrators' awards if they are not one of the above. In the case where any of the above have illustrated the book, the writers can be nominated in the writing category, if they are not one of the above.
- As the administrator, BK Trust’s decision on eligibility is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- Deadline for submission of books is April 30th, 2024.
Author availability for promotions
Winning authors and illustrators must agree to participate in 1-3 sessions in schools or other areas of high visibility and interaction with children free of cost.
Request shortlisted and winning authors and illustrators to participate fully in the promotion of the awards including media on either side of the announcements.
Publishers and authors of self-published books might be asked to provide additional publicity material such as book extracts, book trailers, and video clips as needed royalty free for promotion of the books within the context of the awards.
Shortlisted and winning publishers will be provided with digital files for the BK Awards branded stickers to incorporate within their jacket artwork should they wish to make use of them.